The Verve Partnership seeks an enthusiastic & creative team player with excellent communication, organization and people skills. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this person will be responsible for design excellence and documentation of amazing spaces for and with amazing clients. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the coordination of disciplines including consultants and for the supervision of less experienced staff creating designs back up by tight documents as well as have an inherent understanding and respect for a sound project management process.
This is an ideal opportunity for a creative and motivated self-starter who will welcome the challenges and opportunities inherent in joining an established organization that is experiencing tremendous growth. This position offers excellent opportunities for professional growth
The ideal candidate likes to play with others, shares their crayons and isn’t afraid to raise their hand, ask for help and draw outside the lines. We also prefer someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: creative thinker, recognizes & seizes opportunities, strong sense of urgency, understands that the work never ends (work hard, play hard mentality)
- Leader: results-driven; thinks strategically, seeking out the information required to ensure decisions are made objectively, not subjectively or emotionally; takes financial ownership and requires minimal supervision/direction
- Project Owner: owns the process, not just the activity. Self-starter. Takes the initiative; attention to detail; follows thru while paying strict attention to details; proven ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/tasks with concurrent deadlines.
- Multi-Tasker: outstanding project and time management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- High Energy: positive influence on others; enthusiastic, reliable, can-do attitude; recognizes that learning is a continual process; willingness to learn; enjoys life and smiles.
- Team Player: committed to the organization/team vs. the individual; maintains the self- confidence and self-esteem of others; does more than asked; goes above & beyond your job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Emerging Leader: responsible for developing and executing overall design intent of the project established by the Sr. Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation. Is involved in the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, guaranteeing the design idea is consistent and properly executed. Develops progress reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy. Communicates with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary. Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards. Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior staff and works directly with Project Architect/Job Captain.
- Client Interface: works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership. Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation. Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service. Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Teamwork: receives project direction from the Project Architect and Technical direction from the Technical Principal as well as mentors less senior designers. Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants. Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions. Provides technical support and project communications to team as required. Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples as required. Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Business Development: may participate in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client or market opportunities.