PRIME AE Group (www.primeeng.com), a well-established and emerging multi-discipline A/E firm with a combined (13) office locations/389 employees within the New England, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Florida Regions, is seeking a Vice President of Architecture to be based out of our flagship office in Baltimore (UMBC Tech Campus). This role will oversee and lead the both the Architecture and Building Engineering efforts.
PRIME is a recognized as a leader in planning, design, engineering, and construction inspection of a wide range of project types including: Federal/Dept of Defense, commercial/industrial and education/institutional facilities, and Civil/Transportation. With in-house Civil, Structural and MEP Divisions, we are able to provide the clients with comprehensive planning and building solutions while easily maintaining PRIME’s strict standards of quality assurance and efficiency, surpassing our clients’ expectations.
As VP of Architecture and Building Engineering, you will focus on operational management of the Building Division, including Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering – said divisions are located in (3) distinct geographic locations. The first priority for this position is to produce products that keep our existing clients pleased and requesting our continued services. The person occupying this role must be strong in staff recruitment and staff development.
· This position works closely with the Project Managers, Architects/Engineers and Associates across the MEP, Civil, and Structural divisions to ensure the client is being served and their projects are on time and within budget.
· The priorities of this position include promoting continued growth. Growth must be accompanied by a larger market share and new markets. This individual must be able to maintain existing clients and support business development in their pursuit of new and existing markets. This support shall be direct involvement in producing prospect data for publication and responses to requests for proposals, as well as active participation on marketing calls and presentations.
· Overall responsibilities include the financial success of the respective group in accordance with the strategic plan and the firm's strategic goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for the overall profitability and design product quality of the Architectural, MEP, and Structural Engineering Divisions.
- Establish strategic goals with Architectural Group Leaders.
- Work with the Division Directors to maintain interdepartmental goals, procedures and standards.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Marketing and the Proposal Team in preparing proposals, assigning project teams and participating in presentations.
- Assume responsibility as Principal-in-charge of projects.
- The VP shall be responsible for all Project Manager assignments and shall have final approval of Project Architect assignments.
- Oversees the Project Managers / Project Architects with daily design project coordination - Provides leadership to project team by coordinating and motivating members of the design team, provides valuable solutions that are consistent with the service standards of PRIME.
- Contributes to project team’s efforts and oversees the performance of the technical work to complete a project - coordinates the technical efforts of individuals on assigned projects and assures that tasks are completed within designated time frames, budgets and project design goals.
- Construction Documents: Is responsible for the daily progress of construction document development; assists the Project Manager / Project Architect in assigning and managing the completion of individual team member tasks.
- Structural & MEP Construction Documents: Has understanding of Structural & MEP documents and ability to scrutinize work of all consultants.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience the A/E industry.
- Proven large account development, strategy, wins, management and growth.
- Proven Design ability, technical knowledge, and leadership.
- Proven ability to manage a design team effectively, emphasizing the value of client relationships, as well as ensuring high-quality design.
- Ability to manage project staffing, project scheduling, design development and completion of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills; verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Prior management and supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience working with Architects and Engineers.