Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGY’s architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on…
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
The Senior Designer manages the project design and leads others to ensure the design effort is on time and on budget, with desired quality results. The Senior Designer has gained extensive experience over his/her career by continuously working on projects requiring increasing complexity and quality standards. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under the direction of supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead communication and coordination efforts with clients and consultant team.
- Establish design concepts.
- Manage project and lead others.
- Assist in technical aspects to ensure design integrity.
- Perform preliminary code analysis.
- Compile and submit projects to city planning departments.
- Attend public hearings and agency meetings if necessary.
- Review and participate in project billings.
- Consistently verify accuracy of own work and the work of others.
- Educate and mentor junior staff.
- Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate within a project team including taking direction, giving direction and asking questions.
- Solve design issues creatively.
- Understanding of the Owner / Architect contract and KTGY's Scope of work.
- Actively pursue licensure and exam process.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.