SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Interiors Design Professional for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Four-year architectural or interior design degree; completion of five or six-year architectural or dual degree program preferred;
- Minimum of three years total professional experience; experience in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials preferable;
- Demonstrates general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes;
- Demonstrates proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, word processing and spreadsheet programs;
- Demonstrates proficiency in digital modeling and rendering programs, and Photoshop preferred.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
Please submit an online application via the SOM Career Center at www.som.com/about/careers