The Verve Partnership seeks an enthusiastic & creative team player with excellent communication, organization and people skills. Reporting to the Managing Principal and Chief Growth Officer, this person will develop, implement, and manage the company's design strategy. Other responsibilities include bringing new approaches to design process and strategy, coaching and developing next-generation talent, and representing the firm in the larger design community.
This is an ideal opportunity for a creative and motivated self-starter who welcomes the challenges and opportunities inherent in joining a firm experiencing tremendous growth. Our environment is collaborative, creative, progressive, demanding and fun and we’re seeking the best people and the right fit.
The ideal candidate likes to play with others, shares their crayons and isn’t afraid to raise their hand, ask for help and draw outside the lines. We also prefer someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial: creative thinker, recognizes & seizes opportunities, strong sense of urgency, understands that the work never ends (work hard, play hard mentality)
- Leader: results-driven; thinks strategically, seeking out the information required to ensure decisions are made objectively, not subjectively or emotionally; takes financial ownership and requires minimal supervision/direction
- Project Owner: owns the process, not just the activity. Self-starter. Takes the initiative; attention to detail; follows thru while paying strict attention to details; proven ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/tasks with concurrent deadlines
- Multi-Tasker: outstanding project and time management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- High Energy: positive influence on others; enthusiastic, reliable, can-do attitude; recognizes that learning is a continual process; willingness to learn; enjoys life and smiles
- Team Player: committed to the organization/team vs. the individual; maintains the self- confidence and self-esteem of others; does more than asked; goes above & beyond your job description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader: lead the design team, internally and externally, through all phases of interior projects including guiding, advising, and mentoring other designers on projects, developing design direction and leading design critiques/forums. Manages and/or oversees internal and/or external Design Team(s) to meet or exceed client needs, ensuring creative deliverables are aligned with creative brief and executed within scope, budget, timeline, quality and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Leads internal post-project review sessions with team to improve creative design approaches and processes to better serve clients and achieve financial targets.
- Client Interface: act as the primary design interface with client and ensure high quality standards in all design client deliverables. Regularly communicate with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, managing expectations and build & sustain the client relationship. Participates in review of project costs and budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Teamwork: acts as a role model through presence and action and sets high and clear standards for design team. Provides technical support and project communications to team as required to resolve project or technical issues and ensure schedule adherence. Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Counsels and provides positive and constructive feedback on performance and/or specific skill development to design team.
- Business Development: will participate in business development and marketing efforts and represent the firm in industry and professional communities.