HapstakDemetriou+ PLLC is an Architecture & Design firm with a fresh and focused perspective that brings together Olvia Demetriou and Peter Hapstak, whose careers have long been celebrated for their innovation and timelessness. HapstakDemetriou+’s multidisciplinary practice includes: Hospitality, Restaurant, Retail, Cultural, Residential, Buildings, Interiors, Multi Use and hybrid projects. HapstakDemetriou+’s studio produces design solutions that are inventive, eye-catching, and award winning, including Pineapple & Pearls, Park Chelsea, CAVA, District Winery, Oyamel and the Podesta Residence to name a few.
HapstakDemetriou+ is currently seeking a Director of Operations to act as an overall professional operations manager for our firm, focusing on Practice & Project Management Procedures and Staff Allocation. The Director of Operations is responsible for all phases of design and construction of projects from beginning to completion, while performing a supervisory role in assigning and reviewing the work of other team members. The ideal candidate is an Architect or other Design/Engineering professional with a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in managerial roles at A/E firms. A Master’s degree or MBA is preferred. Licensed architect preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the firm’s overall project workload by developing/utilizing performance tools, conducting team meetings, maintaining project work plans, and preparing monthly reports for Principals on fiscal performance, staffing and revenue forecasting
- Track the schedulingof all current and potential projects, including long term forecasting
- Establish practice & management proceduresthrough development of operations standards for contracts, work plans, general project management, project reports and manpower scheduling
- Serve as the liaison between the Principals and Staff
- Support the Principals and Marketing Director with Business Development, RFP preparation and contract negotiation
- Manage up to 2-3 projects while concurrently filling the Director of Operations duties
- Examine and direct staff allocations to meet critical deadlines on a weekly basis
- Provide staff training and development in the proper usage of professional practice procedures
- Collaborate with the Financial Controller for human resources matters including: hiring, staff professional development, and staff reviews
- Actively monitor the billable hours of the firm’s projects on a daily/weekly basis
- Provide revenue projections based on active and prospective billings
- Identify and implement methods of increasing billable hours and reducing costs to maximize firm profitability