The purpose of this position is to manage the successful completion of the Comprehensive Master Plan for the Georgetown section of the C&O Canal.
Georgetown Heritage has hired a team of consultants to work on the Master Plan, including a world-renowned landscape architecture firm. Please see the Addendum to this Job Description for a list of consultants and their roles. The elements of the plan include: design; activation; preservation/restoration; interpretation/education; and recreation. The project manager duties will include: day to day management of all consultants; outreach to and organizing of stakeholders; organizing and facilitating both small group and public meetings; communicating issues and decisions that need to be made; working with stakeholders, consultants and decision makers to reach consensus on all key issues, and shepherding the master plan through a Section 106 historic review, and Federal Environmental Assessment. This work is anticipated to last for at least 18 months and result in a fully entitled, community-supported Master Plan.
1. Act as champion of the master planning project
2. Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan
3. Act as client representative to all planning and working groups on the master planning project
4. Coordinate with Design, Programming, Facilitation and Compliance consultants to organize and maintain project schedule
5. Ensure that all consultant (Design, Programming, Facilitation and Compliance) elements of the Master Planning processes are integrated, resolving cross-functional issues at project level
6. Organize stakeholder groups and meetings, both for consultants and for client, to generate ideas, discuss options, and review plans
7. Coordinate meetings and reviews, and provide status reports to, master plan partners (NPS, DC-OP, Georgetown BID and Georgetown Heritage)
8. Coordinate with consultant to prepare meeting agendas, minutes and reports for all meetings
9. Shepherd master plan through the federal 106 historic and Environmental Assessment processes, coordinate with Compliance Consultant on submissions to agencies and responses to agency questions
10. Review and approve draft reports from consultants at all milestone points
11. Project Administration (invoice approval, compliance reports, grant reports)